Let Us Wait

 Each day of my life given here within this present sphere of life. I always find myself thanking the Lord God Almighty for all He's done in my life. But, it hasn't always been this way in my life. There was a time in my life when I couldn't wait upon the Lord God Almighty in any area of my life. Yes, I was so impatient, so out of place. 

That's up until I read the story about Abraham and Sarah. They both was up in age when the Lord God Almighty informed Abraham and Sarah that He would give the both of them a child in their old age. All Abraham and Sarah had to do is wait upon the fulfillment of the promise of the Lord God Almighty to be fulfilled. 

This of course meant the both of them would have to await the arrival of the stated promise of a child. Sarah, was surely taken by surprise, after all she said; shall I have a child in my old age? My body of beyond child bearing age. Not, me Lord. Then, she laughed. But, Abraham, full of faith had determined to wait upon the Lord God Almighty for the fulfillment of the promise of a child. 

This is exactly why we have the word "wait" in the Bible. Wait always means faith, but it is not trusting for a second, or for five minutes. Wait means keep trusting, as I have already noted with, Abraham, who .... 

Staggered not at the promises of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God. (Roman 4:20) 

Therefore, what does it mean to be "strong in faith"? He, Abraham, kept on trusting; he never stopped trusting, even though all hope of fathering children was dead (Genesis 18:10-11). In fact, hr was a member of the human family who was repeatedly tested. Yet all, Abraham, did was say, "Thank you, Lord, for Your graciousness to me. 

He kept right on trusting and God fulfilled the divine purpose of progeny to him. Abraham, through faith, became one of the greatest believers who ever lived. Each of us can experience such great works of the, Lord Jesus Christ, in every area of our life. All it truly takes is our obedience and our waiting upon the Lord to bring to pass those things He's promised in our life. 

I pray this short blog post has inspired and encouraged you on your journey and walk of faith with the Lord Jesus Christ. Please, feel free to leave your comments, share this post, or ask any questions you may have about this blog post. God bless. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Barrier Removed

Passion & Praise God's Way

Separated From God